Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Torn


I got an email from Lawrence today, the headmaster in the school in Uganda. This afternoon I just wanted to go back. I wanted to be in the hot sun with red dirt on my feet hearing Simon and Lawrence give me wisdom in their broken English while I walked through the clinic and looked after those sweet babies. I wanted to go out back and play "Dock, Dock, Boose" with the school aged kids in the afternoon.I wanted to kick a soccer ball made of paper around and have them laugh at me because I am just awful at futbol. I wanted to sit and help make dinner next to the fire while the sun was going down.

But Jesus is calling me here. I will pray for Uganda. I will miss those kids and those men with my whole heart. My heart may feel torn but I know that for this time Jesus has called me here. Praise Him.

No comments: