Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Lord, I believe.


I am going to Uganda. It is something that I have wanted to do since I was in high school, and I never got the chance to do it. Even with this trip, I almost said no because I don't have a dime to spare. I have absolutely no way to pay for the trip. For some reason, the Lord has silenced my fears and assured me that he will provide. It wasn't like this two weeks ago. It wasn't even like this two days ago. As I wrote my support letter yesterday I had to time out, stop, and write a prayer in my journal.

"I believe; help my unbelief." Mark 9:24

This morning as I spent some time in prayer about the trip, about the people of Uganda, about my team, and about my own heart. I had to stop and praise. I felt an overwhelming peace as I rested in the fact that I knew God would provide. I am unsure of where the money will come from. I am unsure of how I will raise it. I am simply sure that it will come. The beauty of this fact is that God will receive TOTAL glory, because I have NOTHING to do with getting myself to Uganda. I am simply stepping out in faith in my Father, something we Christians should do daily. Something, I am ashamed to admit, I am doing for the first time in my walk.

I got a phone call today. I haven't even sent out letters yet, but someone very unexpected wants to give $500 to my trip.

Lord, I believe.

No comments: